Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Holding On She – round, dimpled face, messy hair, mischievous smile…running, squealing, trying so hard to talk. Me – momma to three, watching my last baby growing so fast…each stage so bittersweet, holding on so tight…too tight, maybe. Last few days…so.hard.to.face. Not so long ago, she was born; so fast her sweet little head didn’t have time to become misshapen. Breastfeeding was as natural as if we had known each other our whole lives. The hours spent in my comfy place as she nursed…I watched the snow fall. Time slips through the hourglass and I’m in denial of what is so obvious…it’s all ending…one of the last glimpses of babyhood. She would rather play and read her books…so opinionated in her arched back and fussing…toddlerhood embraced so soon…too soon…my heart hurts. I swallow my tears…I smile and hug and kiss her…I let her go…those little wings starting to take flight… My sweet baby, how I will miss our quiet moments in the half light, your content sighs, your sweet little face sleeping in my arms, so close… I will never forget this time we’ve had together my little Abby. I don’t know when it ends, but I’m always here, my love.

No comments: